The City District
Our Pension is situated on the Leipzig city districts of Plagwitz and Lindenau on Karl-Heine-Straße. This part of the city was built by Karl Heine between the 1880 and 1910 and at the time was part of the largest industrial complex in Europe. During the German Socialist era and after the fal of the Berlin Wall, the district became run-down, but now it is experiencing a renaissance and has been nicely restored with lots of interesting shops, restaurants, bars and cultural centers nearby like the Schaubühne Lindenfels, das Westwerk, das Tapetenwerk and die Baumwollspinnerei with its countless galleries and studios. One can take a stroll along the the Karl Heine Canal and see some of the remaining industrial ruins as well as some of the most beautiful industrial architecture in Leipzig. With the number 14 tram stop directly in front of the building, you can reach the city center in 13 minutes.
The „noch besser leben“
noch besser leben is a bar whose guests are mainly students, artists and just normal people from the area. On the first floor is the Salon in which concerts, readings and other cultural events take place many times in the week. Since the building is old and made of wooden beams, brick and mortar, the events which take place next door can be heard. These events generally start at 9 pm and end around 11 pm.